In this recipe, we’ll dive into creating every element of this soul-soothing dish, from a rich broth to perfectly seasoned tofu and springy ramen noodles. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and impress your guests with this homemade masterpiece!
For the Broth:
• 8 cups filtered water
• 1 large organic onion, roughly chopped
• 3 organic garlic cloves, smashed
• 2-inch piece of organic ginger, sliced
• 2 organic carrots, roughly chopped
• 2 organic celery stalks, roughly chopped
• 1 organic leek, cleaned and chopped
• 1 sheet organic kombu seaweed
• 4 dried organic shiitake mushrooms
• 1 tablespoon organic soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free option)
• 1 teaspoon organic miso paste (optional)
• 1 teaspoon organic sesame oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tofu:
• 1 block organic firm tofu, pressed and cubed
• 2 tablespoons organic soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free option)
• 1 teaspoon organic sriracha sauce
• 1 tablespoon organic sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup (Or Honey)
For the Ramen Assembly:
• 8 oz organic ramen noodles
• 2 organic green onions, sliced
• Bacon and Boiled eggs (optional)
1. Prepare the Broth:
• In a large pot, bring 8 cups of filtered water to a simmer.
• Add all the chopped vegetables, kombu, and dried shiitake mushrooms to the pot.
• Let the broth simmer gently for about 45 minutes to an hour, allowing the flavors to develop.
• Strain the broth into a clean pot, pressing down on the vegetables to extract as much flavor as possible.
• Stir in soy sauce, miso paste (if using), sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
2. Marinate the Tofu:
• In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sriracha sauce, sesame oil, and maple syrup.
• Gently toss the cubed tofu in the marinade and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
3. Prepare the Ramen Noodles:
• Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
4. Assemble the Ramen:
• Divide the cooked ramen noodles among serving bowls.
5. Cook the Tofu:
• Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add the marinated tofu cubes and cook until they are browned and slightly crispy on all sides.
6. Ladle the Broth:
• Carefully pour the hot broth over the ramen noodles and spinach.
7. Add Tofu and Garnish:
• Place the cooked tofu on top of the broth.
• Garnish with sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.
8. Serve and Enjoy:
• Serve your Spicy Tofu Ramen immediately, savoring each flavorful bite.
Congratulations! You’ve just created a delicious bowl of Organic Spicy Tofu Ramen from scratch. This culinary masterpiece showcases your dedication to wholesome ingredients and homemade goodness. Enjoy the satisfying warmth and vibrant flavors of this comforting dish as you take a well-deserved bow for your kitchen prowess.
- Masha at Mockingbird Homestead